Monday, April 23, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

For years my friends have encouraged me to start a blog, but the time never felt right to me.

Today, the time was finally right.  I was mid-way through a five mile run and my head exploded into wonder.  I came to so many conclusions, one of which is that I am not writing nearly enough.  This blog is going to be one of my much-needed literary outlets.

So here's the skinny on what to expect from Dream Barker: I'm going to post poems I like and brief, informal responses to those poems.  Sometimes I'll discuss short prose passages.  Maybe some other stuff here and there.  I have not yet decided whether or not I will post my own poetry.  Let me know in the comments what you think!

I feel like in my constant reading I stumble upon so many beautiful passages and poems and sentences, and I just want to share them.  They help me.  They keep me afloat.  Some of them might help you out, too, or at least make you smile or harrumph approvingly.  

A note on the blog title - "Dream Barker" is the title poem of the first book by one of my favorite poets, Jean Valentine.  Her poetry has meant so much to me that it only seemed natural for me to invoke her early work.  And the poems I love and the poems I write are often dream-like correspondences from vague, shadowy figures and places.  Hopefully the title will guide me into profundity.  Here's hoping.

I don't just welcome your comments, I NEED them.  So please, please, please, let me know what you think.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment